Emily King: The Seven EP

7.27.2011


She is Grammy-nominated, mingled alongside John Legend and Floetry while having the honor of opening for the beautiful Badu and Illmatic Nas. Born in NY circa 1985, Emily King was given the songbird gene from her parents, who performed in the same venues that King would later leave her mark. In 2007, King earned a Grammy nomination for her debut album "East Side Story," and now at the age of 25, she have released her second album, titled "The Seven EP."


This EP has everything I want: a unique blend of soul & funk, trailing close to strong vocals. King's voice reminds me for Corinne Bailey Rae, with a bit of an edge. One thing is certain, she will not get much radio play, but hey...that is becoming the trait of many talented artists and musicians. Do yourself a large, lifetime of a favor: Download this now.

2 comments:

smileinyourliver said...

I have been a silent reader to your blog for over a year now. I’ve always wanted to comment but I have no excuse of why I have not. So here, my first comment on my favorite artist, Emily King. I’ve waited patiently for a new album for the last 3+ years. My best friend went to her free show in DC and got me an autograph copy of her CD. I am in awe of her new musical direction. This is my fuel right about now. I’ll try not be a stranger. I love your blog :) sending you love and light beautiful sis. :)

-Quest

Candace said...

I'm so glad you commented! I've been guilty of doing the same thing, so no worries!:) I love Emily's voice...I'm always thrilled to find out about new artists and she is a definite keeper in my collection. I hope that I get to see her live too!

Love & Light to you too sis!:)

Post a Comment