Kwesi is genius

2.20.2011


I'm sure that all of you are aware of the amazing talent that is Kwesi Abbensetts, but if by
chance you are not, then enjoy this short post & follow the link below to see more of his work.

Being a woman, I have a natural appreciation for our form. I love my reddish freckles, scatter of moles,
lovely curves, and skin. When I'm alone, I wear nothing and I feel beautiful. I wonder how many of us
 are still hung up on our so-called imperfections, constantly comparing our bodies to those of others
when it is apparent, at least to me, that we were created to be unique. We each possess an individual
beauty which no one else can have, nor can they fully imitate. Looking at this, I find myself loving what
I have even more.

Click here to see more of Kwesi's most recent work

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow. Lovely. These two picks are whoa! Let's celebrate women please :D

Adiya

Rhapsody Phoenix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhapsody Phoenix said...

Blessings....

Fantastic photos....
To love oneself is the best reward one can have for living a life rich with authenticity and happiness however self-love within this social context is very complex because “we” are continually challenged and bombarded with society’s notion of “beauty,” these norms can if one is not careful eat away at the motivation to fully embrace ones uniqueness and make self –care an uphill battle. However even with all these complexities all is not lost as we can fight the incessant oppositions and deconstructions by learning to fully love our curves, freckles, moles, bountiful lips and hips.”
Great post….
My motto is “I am perfectly imperfect” and I am ok with that.
Peace.
Have a blessed and wonder filled week
Rhapsody

Anonymous said...

I myself am a trained photographer (studied photography for 4 years) and am in awe of his technique. Kwesi is beyond talented. Lovely images.

Candace said...

@ Adiya- I agree.
@ Rhapsody- I love the way you broke it down. The media depicts perfection, which no one will be able to obtain, no matter how many surgeries, skin bleaching treatment, botox injections, etc. one can get. Even family and friends can be a detriment to one's confidence and acceptance of who they are.

@ Chinye- I totally agree...he has a way with defining and showcasing each subject's beauty and as a fellow photographer, that is my primary goal.

Unknown said...

lovely post thanx 4 sharing! btw come visit www.lagelledailydose.blogspot.com when u get a chance ;-)

Candace said...

Thank you Lagelle...I'm feelin that playlist on your blog!:)

Post a Comment