A little bit of this, a little bit of that.

8.29.2011


In writing this post, I was reminded of a conversation I had with someone about paying for quality work. The person opposite of me argued that certain items on Etsy were too "pricey." I love my friend dearly, but I beg to differ with her opinion. I really enjoy finding handmade jewelry and the benefit in purchasing items from a designer via Etsy greatly outweighs buying the same item from the big wigs (big name brands). You have the ability to forge a relationship with that person and if you're lucky (like me), you can have them customize something for you. 

I've been slack in posting lately because of school, but I've arranged time within the next few weeks to update more. I've wanted to feature Lilaya for quite a while, especially with the fall approaching.

"Lilaya is an ethnic inspired line created by two former designers, Josephine Vittoria, a jewelry maker, and Shani Kali a former clothing designer. Vittoria, originally from Montreal, is an experienced Etsy shop owner and has been working and selling to people worldwide over Etsy for almost 2 years now. Her pleasant encounter with Kali has brought them to discover a new passion for ideas and together through their travels and experiences, they have been inspired to design Lilaya. Kali, originally from France, has also previously owned an Etsy shop in the last years and was pleasantly surprised to have met Vittoria, with whom she shares mutual tastes and interests. The two friends now work together in designing Lilaya using brass beads and pendants of ethnic and african inspirations."





You can check out more of their jewelry at Lilaya.

0 comments:

Post a Comment