Detox Stew

8.05.2011


For those who are unfamiliar with my fascination (viewed as a quirky obsession to others) with skin care, let me introduce to you one of my weekly routines: detox bathing. I've always been fond of bubble baths, which are most notable for birthing creativity at a whim, and ultimately, relaxation. Nowadays, it has become a constituent for my overall well-being, especially when my face is under attack by acne or my entire body is in need of rejuvenation. Today, as I was tweeting and texting from the confines of the bathtub, I came up with the term "detox stew," and even though a friend of mine sort of inspired this "stew" part, I'd rather not give him credit because he was initially being sarcastic.

Here is what you will need for the detox stew:

1 live being (preferably yourself)
Bentonite clay
Lavender oil (or try
Bath pillow (optional)
Kaolin clay
Baking soda

It is important to drink at least 8 cups of water prior to detoxing, as this process will eliminate toxins from your body and some essentials will need to be replaced. Although I give myself a facial every Sunday, I apply similar techniques for my detox bath. After filling your bathtub, put 5 drops of lavender oil and 4 tablespoons of bentonite clay into the water. I usually soak for 20 minutes and then gently exfoliate my face with baking soda. Wash as usual and once dry, wet a washcloth is steaming hot water. Apply the cloth to your face, remove, and then apply the kaolin clay. Let it sit until dry and rinse. My face is oily, so I tend to not put anything on it after the mask.

As stated before, the detox/bubble baths usually produce a state of peace that allows me to write or furnish ideas for current/future projects. Tonight's thought has been on my mind for awhile:
"Life is full of hang up's," an unidentified person once said. I picture this particular hang-up as a perfectly tailored garment, perhaps it has been handed down to you or maybe it is just your favorite piece of clothing. Over time, it is sure to weather-- missing a button or two or fraying along the seams. Yet, you still keep it. After a gentle wash (being delicate is no question in this case), you hang it outside to dry underneath the sun and a host of other entities. It may even see the moon. Freshly washed and fragrant, those signs of weather no longer matter. Hang up's are beautiful.
 On that note, I hope that you have a lovely weekend & stay positive.

2 comments:

Paper-Rock-Scissors said...

Oh that sounds AmAzInG! Def going to give this a go!

Candace said...

Let me know how it turns out for you!!! It works wonders for me...my skin is glowing and clear!

Post a Comment