Breaking Away.

4.25.2011

Most people are unaware of the habits they acquire through life and how stress is attributed to not breaking away from the mundane, and more often, unnecessary acts & situations that we've grown accustomed to. While sitting in the bookstore, I read an article in Real Simple magazine, which discussed tips for making your daily life more fulfilling, rather than just productive. There is a difference. Being a naturally intense, active individual, I am always looking for ways to add more spice to my work/play routine.

In an attempt to reduce the time I spend on the internet & in the spirit of being random, I've mixed the formerly categorized tips below:

Treat yourself to movie after work, by yourself (stuff candy & drinks in your purse).
Buy an aromatherapy fan for your office and fill it with calming/invigorating oils.
Paint your nails with a pastel or bright colour.
Wake up to lively/positive music in the morning.
Treat someone to lunch or buy a gift for a friend/family. just because.
Wear a new lotion & perfume.
Go see a live band, play, or musical.
Greet as many strangers as you can.
Wear a pretty silk or satin blouse.
Get a mani or pedi during your lunch break (bring a salad with you).
Learn a new foreign language or if you don't have time, just learn a new phrase.
Try a new tea (Suggestion: Yogi Skin Detox tea or Rose tea).
Buy fresh flowers for yourself (place them at your desk or next to your bed).

Grace & Peace.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like these! I've done new language, painting my nails, buying new lotion/perfume, and treating myself to a movie after work. They work!!!

Adiya

Candace said...

Thanks love! xoxo

LaneƩ said...

I love these, I went to the movies once by myself & it was surprisingly fun. I'm going to have to incorporate these tips into my everyday boring life. Thanks for sharing! :-)

Candace said...

It sure is! I went last week and enjoyed myself...I was even more delighted to see that--once the movie ended, a thunderstorm & hail kept me from venturing outside.

Post a Comment