Be still.

4.16.2011


Je ne suis plus malade, which means "I am no longer sick," or at least I hope I translated it correctly. Even with all of the vitamins that I take on a daily basis, allergies is new age beast that cannot be tamed. I am still full of sniffles & aburd coughs, but one thing is for sure: I am tired of laying in the house.

Its Aries' season and my birthday is this coming Tuesday. Boredom is an Aries' so-called "bad" trait, depending on who you ask. I am not a fan of the trait unless it equates to tranquil silence-- i.e. sleeping. Spontaneity, in the form of anything that fully engages my mind & spirit is a cup of tea that I prefer to sip on the daily, and so, I spent the latter part of today reading (or skimming), organizing, and of course, writing this blog post.

Motivated to "stay woke," I took a gander at one of my moleskine journals. In it, I read the following quotes:

"Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine, meditate, live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery."
-Buddha

"It is healthy to examine anything we decide to need or love or fear."
-Zoetica Ebb

By the way, if you haven't noticed already, I collect quotes as if they were pairs of shoes. I'm quite fond of learning from others, as it aides in my own growth & what I share. This year has been very good to me, its as if the universe aligned itself with my eyes or maybe, I finally took notice of everything. Habits can be difficult to break and if you spend your days following a mundane routine, you will not hear the birds of spring or notice how rich the soil is from underneath the flowers. Everyday, do something different-- challenge yourself. Inhale and exhale, instead of breathing oxygen. It's quite simple.

May peace & joy be with you...I'm giving thanks for the love shown on this blog, gigs that have been lucrative--monetarily and career-wise, His grace & understanding, budding friendships, new SOULful music, and the kind of weather that makes "everythang" alright.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been meeting so many April babies! I am too. Hope you're planning loads of fun. Thank God you're no more sick!

Adiya

Candace said...

I thought I replied to your comment...where'd it go? :(

Nevertheless...thank you & I had a wonderful birthday...I wasn't expecting too much, but my friends came through for me:)

Post a Comment