The TWA.

3.08.2011

Source: Quazimotto.On.Wax

My Twa...is a cutie, so I've decided to name her just that: Cutie. Sweet, right?

My usual hair style consists of a colorful headwrap, but for the past few weeks, I've been wearing my hair
in twists (using afro hair)...pulled into a little bun on top of my head. Simple & effective. However, I am starting to miss my teenie weenie afro. Before I surrender to the urge to remove my braids, I want to formulate a better hair regimen, that consists of vitamins/supplements, organic mixes, and protective styles.

Food
#1. Take a multivitamin daily, plus Omega 3 Fish Oil, MSM, and Silica supplements.
#2. Always incorporate flaxseed or wheat germ into foods, preferably for breakfast.
#3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water.

Hair Routine (and mixes)
#1. Pre-poo by mixing jojoba, coconut, honey, and olive oil. Cover hair with a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for 30 minutes to an hour. Do not rinse.
#2. With the pre-poo mix still in my hair, apply Shea Moisture shampoo. This is by far, the best shampoo
I have ever used (runner up is Creme of Nature).
#3. After rinsing my hair, apply a leave-in mix: sweet almond oil, castor oil, and rosemary extract. Rub into
scalp and make sure my ends soaked with mixture.

Protective Styles

I will forever be a lover of scarves, but this year, I plan to do a little bit more with my hair when it comes to
styling. Bantu knots are next on the list. Maybe at some point, I will twist it, but even then, I will probably go
to a salon or let a friend do it for me. I just don't have the patience.

Feedback is welcomed and appreciated. XOXO & many thanks. Bless.

2 comments:

Chai said...

I'm committed to try the Bantu Knots myself, don't know why this style intimidates me, lol.This weekend...Youtube & I are about to get real friendly, can't do this myself;)

Candace said...

LOL...it intimidates me too. I just have this overwhelming feeling that my knots will look a hot mess lol

Post a Comment