Certain thoughts. A special kind of love.

3.07.2011

3.6.2011
Today, I freed myself. I revealed myself. I cried.
I am FIRE. I ignite trails, but sometimes I feel overpowered.
I need water. I need balance. I need you and you need me.
I be the innovator, I be the movement. You be the in between.

“And I figured out that the reason I couldn’t get through the day as 

well as I can now is because I had too many things on my mind, on 

my plate, you know, for one person to have. So I started to eliminate 

some of the things that were too heavy to carry and unnecessary.”

-Erykah Badu


"If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I."
Michel De Montaigne

My mind passed back through time, when life was a blossoming flower and you were the bee to my honey.
I inhaled you daily, so much that I smell you now. Nag Champa. Trails of smoke travel from your mouth, a
stench recognizable. Darkness encloses us into a space for two, though I find light in your eyes. Your stare,
I did love. Black love, we were. Touch me there, yes, my mind is pleased. Tease me, but do not leave. Take
me on a ride, to that cafe, that street, that park, lover's hill. Immersing ourselves without fear. We did that.
M first soulmate.





3 comments:

Monique said...

so much love and inspiration. Thanks for sharing. Wow, Jean Michel Basquiat is one of my favorite artists.

Chai said...

this is beautiful...Badu's words really hit home

Candace said...

@ Monique: xoxoxo...many thanks dear! He is also one of my favorite artists...I was watching "Radiant Child," for the millionth time last night and it solidified my love for him.

@Chai: Thanks hun!!! I love me some Badu

Post a Comment