Meditate on this.

2.18.2012

Borrowed from Tumblr (actual artist is unknown)


Relationships will undoubtedly be accompanied by difficulties, but it should not be difficult to love. I am completely sure of this. I believe that real love, like that Love Jones Darius to Nina type lovin' (spare me the argument of whether that is truly possible), is the bonafide truth-- no fillers. At the end of the day, whether you are willing to admit it or not, we all want to be accepted and cherished for our truth. Knowing this, I am bothered by the lack of effort and compassion that some of us have for each other and wonder how & why this has become so common among our sistas and brothas. As a black woman, I see myself in a black man, therefore, I am honored to be his partner and I treat him as such. As a lover, I hold myself accountable for the energy I put into a relationship and this world. As a lover, I treat my relationship as a gift from God and to God. What is mine is also his and being fully engaged & engrossed in his energy gives me a greater purpose. It fills me up....

That's real.

2 comments:

Post a Comment