12:41 AM

5.14.2011

A few days ago, I tweeted: Time is a great healer; shortly thereafter, I meditated on what that truly meant. I am 3 months away from relocating & beginning a program that is tailored for my interest in the healing arts. There is no greater joy than the divine and knowing the divine is knowing yourself. We all have a role, but many of us ACT in different parts, versus exposing our true layers. I am not just a poet, or a painter, or a collector, or music lover, or a pet lover-- I am...a poet, paint, collector, music lover, pet lover, lover for vintage, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a fighter...but above all, I am love because I was created from love.

I forgot that I (little ole me) was love.

Quite a few times, I attempted to be Ms. Goody Two Shoes, Ms. Perfect (who does not curse), Ms. I Don't Care (with twins Ms. Bitch and Ms. Numb), Ms. Deeper, and Ms. Happy All The Time, but in reality, I was playing these roles as a result of bad relationships and an attempt to please others. Nothing positive can be fulfilled in that. Nothing. Oh, but there is a grandness in having a past-- it gives life to the future. While I may still be overly critical of myself at times, I have also grown to be patient. The same can be said of my temperament towards those who disappoint me. Having standards does not qualify me as a bitch, it simply means that I have standards. I appreciate my heart more, knowing that I will always want to see the best in people, but not everyone sees the same within themselves; in the case of becoming a detriment to me, it is perfectly fine to cease communication or to leave.

A new standard for 2011? Fully represent what I stand for. It's not enough to say you will do something, you have to act on it when things do not go as planned. Within the next few days, I have to cut a few strings loose to put more pressure on what really matters.

Poetry has been waiting...so has cheerfulness, hope, wide smiles, sass...and love.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"It's not enough to say you will do something, you have to act on it when things do not go as planned"

All i can say to this post is: Word!!!

Adiya
http://thecornershopng.blogspot.com

Candace said...

LOL! Word!

Post a Comment