Used.To.Love (written by me)

2.09.2011

♥♥♥

Two years ago, I started the tedious task of writing my first book of poetry. I keep a folder of my handwritten
notes & electronic versions of each poem, constantly reviewing them to make sure my intent is clear. I came 
across this poem and decided to share.
 
Used.To.Love 

I used to think of you
literally just 
you
it was as if heaven had 
unfolded its pillow-ee
layers to shower down
thoughts
that
penetrated my mind
beyond its perceived
capacity
at last a 
feeling
that was meant to be
true.

Truth you spoke (your eyes)
my dear matched mine
danced in a spiritual rhythm
only the badu in me could
define and I would have to
praise God get the
holy ghost make pancakes
from scratch squeeze juice 
from oranges from a plant whose
seeds were found on blessed ground

these things I would do to
repay you for these moments.

these moments when you have crossed my mind.

© 2011 Candace Bailey 
 
*If you would like to post this poem, please reference my blog & include my name*

0 comments:

Post a Comment