Inspired.

1.17.2011

Reblogged from my tumblr


"And I figured out that the reason I couldn't get through the day as well as I can now is because I had too many things on my mind, on my plate, you know, for one person to have. So I started to eliminate some of the things that were too heavy to carry and unnecessary."

-Erykah Badu

To know your gift, the calling the Most High as for you, is an experience like no other. When you are inspired, you must share & be an inspiration to another. E. Badu has been an inspiration to me from the jump...I dig her style & her courage...and of course, the music.

“I look at some other videos. I’m not naming names, because I don’t want that to be mentioned. There is the thing with sexuality. I’m naked for 13 seconds, and these people are naked the whole time and gyrating and saying come “lick on my lollipop,” and “suck on my cinnamon roll,” and, you know, suggesting sex. People are uncomfortable with sexuality that’s not for male consumption. Could be ‘cause I did it in public too. Do you think people would have been complaining if I had on high-heel shoes?”


Favorite song: Other side of the game (love the video too)


Peace & light.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Where has Erykah been? Miss her music!

Happy Tuesday Darling! xo

Oh and please stop by and enter my swimsuit GIVEAWAY!

Love.Therapy.God.Life said...

::she is ebony:::i love her...natural and raw...beautiful in intellect and being::

MadameGUERAZY said...

lov her

Post a Comment